Saturday, January 21, 2012

Water Balloon Bath Tub Fun

I saw a post on Play at Home Mom that I loved.  Play at Home Mom: Water Balloon Bath   The momma gave her kids water balloons to play with in the bathtub.  At first I thought it was kind of a weird thing to do.   Who would ever do that?  Then I decided to try it with my kids and they loved it.

I tried actual water balloons and they were really, really hard to fill up with my faucet.  (they were the very tiny ones)  Then I found regular balloons and bigger water balloons.  In each balloon I put different colors of food coloring.  The girls had fun guessing what colors where in each balloon.  They had fun using scissors to cut a hole in each one and watching the colors spray all over.



This time I changed it up and gave each little girl one balloon filled with hot water and one with cold.



They had fun playing with them and feeling the different temperatures on their cheeks.  It is a great tactile activity for kids.


"The blue is so cold, mommy.  The red one is really warm."


Concentrating on using the scissors.  This is a great hands on activity that has instant feed back.  The moment a hole is cut, water squirts out and surprises them.




This is such a simple, inexpensive thing to do with kids in the bath tub.  They both ask every bath time if they can play with the water balloons in the bath tub.  The girls play catch with them and invent all kinds of games to play.  Try it once and bathtime will never be the same!!!!





1 comment:

Megan @ SimplyThrifty said...

That looks like so much fun!! Definitely going to try it. :)